Register now for 2019 Soil Health Workshop and Soil pH (Acidity) Workshop

From: "smallgrains" <noreply@PROTECTED>
Subject: Register now for 2019 Soil Health Workshop and Soil pH (Acidity) Workshop
Date: January 3rd 2019

Greetings from the WSU Farmers Network-

We are excited to be offering two great soils workshops this winter –and they are coming up quick! This year we have been working hard to put together more quality content for the workshops Management Matters for Soil Health to be held January 22nd and Soil Acidity and Amelioration to be held February 21st. Both events are scheduled to be held at Banayan’s on the Ridge in Pullman, from 7:45 to 3:45.

The “Management Matters for Soil Health” workshop will feature insights on cropping systems and earthworms, the long-term effects of continuous no-till on the Cook Agronomy Farm, nutrient cycling and management, organic matter and organic amendments.  One of the highlights of the day will feature a panel of local growers discussing their experiences with managing for soil health using grazing, biosolids, no-till, and much more!

“Soil Acidity and Amelioration” will cover the most current research from liming and some lime alternatives, including agronomic, soil, and root responses to amendment. We will also be featuring presentations on the effects of soil pH on pathogens, microbial soil health, and herbicide efficacy.

You are invited to join us for one or both workshops – but please don’t wait, after sold-out full houses last year- we are already selling tickets fast! The agendas and a link to register can be found on our WSU Farmer’s Network website. Tickets are $75 and include continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Please feel free to contact our team with any questions.

Both workshops are eligible for 7 CCA credits. Feel free to share information about these workshops with anyone you think might be interested. We look forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,

Carol McFarland and The Farmer’s Network Team

Email: carol.mcfarland@PROTECTED

Haiying Tao, Assistant Professor

Department of Crop and Soil Sciences

Washington State University

Johnson Hall 245

Pullman, WA99163

509-335-4389

https://labs.wsu.edu/soil-fertility/

https://extension.wsu.edu/farmers-network/

  • This mailing list is a private mailing list. There may be additional steps in order to join, and the List Owner controls who may leave the mailing list.
  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Information

Privacy Policy: